Three precious little babies...
It's been a rough week here at the Crooked Moon house...pretty rough. However I've been able to reflect on it and find the good as well as the meaning behind some of the emotions and feelings that have emerged.
- Remember the exciting night? Well, unfortunately we had 3 runts in the litter and they didn't make it. I took it really hard. Probably because I'm still all hormonal from having Baby C, and probably because I tried so hard and wanted so badly for them to all be ok. We knew going into it that we might lose some of them, so thankfully we'd prepared F. We told her that bunnies have big litters in case 1 or 2 of the bunnies decide it wasn't their time to be here with us. It didn't make it any easier on me though. At first I was angry at the mama. Why couldn't you feed them all? Why didn't you try? Then I was angry at the bigger, stronger baby bunnies. Why didn't you help them? Why did you try to push them out of the nest? Then I realized that this is the way of life for these animals. It truly is survival of the fittest, and no matter how cute I think they all are, I can't change how nature works. We had a burial and planted some sunflowers over their grave.
- My husband's cousin almost died. I feel it's not my place to get into all the details on a public blog...but it's a huge part of why this week has been so rough on us. We got the call Monday night that B was in the hospital and it's been a whirlwind ever since.
- My older brother is seperating from his girlfriend/wife of over 10 years and is super freaked out about it.
- All 3 of my girls were diagnosed with Whooping Cough a few weeks ago and the cough is still here. Oh...what? Did I fail to mention that? Yeah...that's because it sucks!!!
- The remaining 3 bunnies are looking really good. They are all fat and happy and starting to get their fur. I expect their eyes will open sometime this weekend. Mama bunny nursed them in front of me tonight and we made up. I held them for the first time and she came up and sat in my lap. I have already placed two of the kits and I suspect we'll keep the other one. I'm getting them all fixed asap though because I am not cut out for this whole bunny raising thing...that's for sure! I get way too emotional.
- Cousin B is doing amazingly well. All the prayers, good wishes and healing vibes have not gone unnoticed. He continues to make progress and we are hoping for a full recovery, although he still has a long way to go. We love you B!!!
- My older brother is up in WA now with the rest of my family. We join them on Sat and start the week long celebration of my little brothers wedding. There, older brother will have his support system to help him figure out this whole seperation thing.
- Although it got pretty scary there for a bit with Baby C's coughing...they are all doing much better and there's only a few coughs a day now.
- Nature is powerful. Nature is amazing. Nature does not consider your feelings. Respect it and admire it.
- Life is precious. Life is cruel. Some people need help dealing with it. Just listening sometimes is enough.
- My older brother does love me. He does care what I think...even if he only calls once or twice a year. That's just his way.
- Pride is never good. I was always so proud of how rarely my children get sick. I was always intructing others on how to keep their little ones healthy and then BAM! they all get wiped out. In the future I will be grateful instead.
Grateful for family
Grateful for love
Grateful for life.
So...how was your week?